The Committee is cochaired by the Minister of Health, Social Services & Equality and the Minister of Employment & Social Security, or the persons, with the rank of Secretary of State, on whom they delegate.
The Vice-presidents of the Committe are:
- The Secretary of State for Employment, or the person, with the rank of Director General at least, on whom he delegates.
- The Secretary of State responsible for the Spanish Youth Institute, or the person, with the rank of Director General at least, on whom he delegates.
- A representative, with the rank of Secretary of State, of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, or the person, with the rank of Director General at least, on whom he delegates.
- A representative of the Novia Salcedo Foundation, representing civil society.
The Committee members:
A representative, with the rank of Director General at least, or similar, of the Prime Minister’s Economic Office and of the following ministerial departments: Ministry of the Treasury and Public Administrations, Ministry of Employment and Social Security, Ministry of the Presidency and Ministry of Education, Culture & Sport:
- A representative of the Autonomous Community that, in accordance with the Agreements of the Conference for Affairs Regarding the European Union, represents the others before the State to prepare issues that appear on the agenda of the Council of the European Union regarding youth.
- A representative of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces.
- A representative of each one of the following international organisations:
- Office of the UN Special Envoy on Youth.
- Latin-American Youth Organisation.
- International Labour Organisation.
- United Nations Development Programme.
- Latin-American General Secretary’s Office.
- International Organisation for Migration.
- The President of the Spanish Youth Council.
- A maximum of six representatives of the most representative business organisations and trade unions.
- A maximum of six representatives of inter-sectoral, self-employed and Social Economy organisations.
- A maximum of six representatives of national or international youth organisations and NGOs that specialise in youth employment and entrepreneurship and the social-labour inclusion of young people in risk of social exclusion.
The members has been assigned based on the proposals of the ministerial departments, public administrations, international organisations, agencies or entities they represent.
The Committee Secretary is the person in charge of the General Director of the Spanish Youth Institute.
When required, due to the nature of the issues being discussed, meeting may be attended by representatives of other General State Administration agencies with the equivalent rank as required of other Committee members belonging the General State Administration, representatives of the autonomous communities and local entities, as well as other international agencies and organisations that represent social interests or experts on the matters being discussed.