On 3 May, The Global Compact will organize an event in Bilbao with the collaboration of Iberdrola, in which the Novia Salcedo Foundation will be participating in a discussion group. The event will take place at Torre de Iberdrola from 12:00 to 14:00 and will serve to present studies and materials to enable the private sector to participate actively in the new UN 2030 Agenda.
The Global Compact is one of the most significant social responsibility initiatives in the world that seeks to promote sustainable development among Spanish companies. Its task has been intensified with the approval by the United Nations of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
It is one of the most important projects in the history of this international Agency that involves all countries around the world without distinction, with the exception of the previous agenda, the Millennium Development Goals, which distinguished between North and South.
Civil society and, in particular, businesses, play a key role in developing and achieving these new 17 Goals. Aware of this aspect, the Novia Salcedo Foundation will participate in the event offering its views on how an agency can contribute to this transformation by becoming a driving force for change.
If you would like first-hand information on how your business can contribute to the new UN 2030 Agenda, this is an excellent opportunity to learn how and, above all, why.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
• Opening event
– Carlos Sallé, Director of energy policy and climate change (Iberdrola)
• CSR Strategy in the Basque Country
– To be confirmed (Basque Government)
• Presentation of the SDGs and Spain’s priorities regarding the 2030 Agenda. What is the role of the private sector?
– Javier Molero, CSR analyst (Spanish Network The Global Compact of the United Nations)
• Round table: “Spain as a driving force in the development agenda.”
– To be confirmed, (Iberdrola)
– Begoña Etxebarria, Director General (Foundation Novia Salcedo)
– Joaquín Nieto, Director (International Labour Organization (ILO)
– Jon Bilbao, Director of labour relations (Confebask)
– Moderator: Javier Molero (Spanish Network of The Global Compact of the United Nations)
• Closing event and the video “Enterprises, engines of development”
• Cocktail and Networking