Doing away with poverty, reducing inequality, combating injustice… It seems that only Marvel superheroes and heroines can only achieve these goals. But sometimes, there are simple gestures we can all make. Even more so when there is a Global Agenda, such as the Sustainable Development Goals.
Allow us to explain how everyone can contribute to these United Nations’ goals.
From your couch:
- Unplug appliances when you are not using them. Even the computer.
- Your opinion counts. Ask your political representatives to participate in initiatives that do not harm people or the planet.
- Do some research when you choose a product; choose products from environmentally committed companies.
- Offset your carbon emissions! You can now calculate your carbon footprint and buy climate credit at Climate Neutral Now
- Short showers. 5 to 10 minutes long.
- Replace old appliances with more efficient models. Change the bulbs in the house.
- Recycle to stop landfills from expanding forever.
- Hang your clothes out to dry.
Outside the house:
- Buy local products.
- Avoid impulse purchases: plan ahead!
- Travel by bicycle, walk or use public transport.
- Use your own bags when you go to the supermarket.
- Purchase second-hand products. A second chance for everything.
- A well-serviced car contaminates less.
- If you do not use it, give it away!
- Assert your rights and participate in the community.