On 4 November, the MTV Europe Music Awards will be held in Bilbao and the MTV Video channel will, for the first time, acknowledge young people whose actions and initiatives have generated a positive change in the world with the MTV EMA Generation Change Award.
Candidates for the awards, which will be presented at a ceremony in Bilbao, belong to a generation of young people under the age of 26 who are dealing with the most difficult problems of the world through music, narration and digital media.
The nominees include five agents of change in:
- The Environment
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Mental health
- Children’s rights and education
- Ending child marriage
MTV International will present each story through its social networks and digital platforms.
It will be asking its followers to support the cause of each agent of change through publications on Instagram and Twitter, as well as by means of the hashtag #MTVEMA and the candidate of your choice.
This system can be used until 30 October.
The people opting for the MTV EMA Generation Change Award are:
- Sonita Alizadeh, from Afganistan (#MTVEMA #GenerationEndChildMarriage);
- Mohamad Aljounde, from Lebanon (#MTVEMA #GenerationRefugeeRights).
- Ellen Jones, from the United Kingdom (#MTVEMA #GenerationInclusion);
- Xiuhtezcatl “X Martinez, from the USA (#MTVEMA #GenerationEarthGuardians);
- Hauwa Ojeifo, from Nigeria (#MTVEMA #GenerationSafe).